Bachelor of Science in Nursing
B.Sc. Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing is an undergraduate Nursing course. Nursing is a healthcare profession focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. During the course it is taught the nurses that how to work in a large variety of specialties where they work independently and as part of a team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care. Nursing Science is a field of knowledge based on the contributions of nursing scientist through peer reviewed scholarly journals and evidenced-based practice. The duration of the course is four years but it depends on institute to institute as per their rules. The value of the course is an immense and it is job orienting in nature. The course is being provided by many colleges throughout the country.
The course consists of a holistic mixture of classroom lectures and hands on practical sessions. While securing admission, make sure that the institute is recognized by the INC!
Duration of the course:
- Course Duration = 4 Years
- Weeks available per year = 52 weeks
- Vacation = 8 weeks
- Gazetted holidays = 3 weeks
- Examination (Including preparatory) = 4 weeks
- Available weeks = 37 weeks
- Hours per week = 40
- Hours available per academic year( 1st to 3rd year) = 1480 (37 weeks x 40 hours)
- Hours available for 4th year = 540 hrs ( 14 weeks x 40 hrs)
- Hours available for Internship = 1690 hrs ( 48 hrs per week)
- Total hours for 4 years = 6130 hours
On completion of the four years B.Sc. Nursing program the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups & practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- To provide best possible teaching to the students who are going to be a part of future member of health care delivery system.