General Nursing and Midwifery
GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery. It is a 3½ years long Diploma program. Academic program is 3 years long and 6 months are dedicated towards internship. In this article, you will be reading about GNM course details, eligibility criteria, admission process, syllabus, pg courses & advanced studies, career prospects and job profiles available after completing the course.
GNM programme is meant to prepare general nurses who can efficiently perform as members of the health team and capable of dealing the competencies in both the hospitals and other such organizations.
Duration of the course:
- Course Duration = 3½ Years
GNM Nursing programmes is designed to prepare the students to:
- Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and carry out appropriate action to meet nursing needs.
- Apply problem solving techniques in nursing practice.
- Apply knowledge from the humanities, biological and behavioral sciences in functioning as a nurse.
- Demonstrate use of ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Recognize the need for continuing education for professional development.
- Demonstrate basic skills in teaching patients and giving nursing care to them.
- Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and professional advancement.