Master of Science in Nursing
M.Sc. Nursing or Master of Science in Nursing is a postgraduate Academic Nursing course. The Course deals with healthcare profession focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. The duration of M.Sc. in Nursing is mostly of two academic years but it varies from institute to institute. The Course is available both in full time and part time basis.
Duration of the course:
- Course Duration = 2 Years
- Weeks available per year = 52 weeks
- Vacation = 4 weeks
- Gazetted holidays = 3 weeks
- Examination = 2 weeks
- Available weeks = 43 weeks
- Hours per week = 40
- Hours available per academic year = 1720 (43 weeks x 40 hours)
- Total hours for 2 years = 3440 hours
On Completion of the two years M.Sc. Nursing Programme, the graduates will be able to:
- Utilize/apply the concepts, theories and principles of nursing science.
- Demonstrate advance competence in practice of nursing.
- Practice as a nurse specialist.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and function effectively as nurse educator and manager.
- Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health related research.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
- Establish collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines.
- Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and professional advancement.